Saturday, May 10, 2008

New blog design

I've gotten several comments and emails on the new blog design. I'm glad you like it! I'm not sold on it personally so don't be surprised if you see another one soon. I did this one in a hurry and it's just not really my style. I was trying to find something that wasn't too girly since Tim and Sam are included in this blog, but I'm not really loving this one so I'll likely change it when I have the chance - which probably won't be anytime too soon! Ha!

I just got back from Nashville, TN. I attended a training for Junior League (for cookbook marketing). It was a lot of fun! I went last year as well, but feel like I had more of an idea what selling cookbooks was all about this time - so I knew what questions to ask and what kind of info to milk from other Leagues! It was very productive. The girl who is going to be my vice-chair went with me and she is fabulous so I know we'll have a fun year.

We went downtown Thursday night - had dinner at Merchants, stopped by The Stage (a bar), and then on to the Wild Horse Saloon for some line dancing. I was actually really looking forward to giving the line dancing a try (those of you who know me well, know that I am not a huge country music fan), but there was a concert there and no dancing :( However, we stayed for the concert and it was good and we still had a great time! We met some really nice League gals from Palm Beach and Ft. Lauderdale, FL. They're the ones we went downtown with and they were so fun!

I am glad to be home with my boys though, I missed them! Sarah is going to send me the pictures she took on the trip (I had my camera but didn't throw it in my purse before we went out that night). I may post some when I get them.

Oh and if you don't yet have Add Another Place Setting, you should get it! I'm happy to get one (or more!) for you if needed!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Glad you had a good time & gots lots of info for JL!
I tried to use one of the blog backgrounds from the same site as yours, but I can't get it to work...hmm, maybe I'll keep trying. Yours is super cute, even if you're not too fond of it.

Shannon said...

I found the cookbook at So Inviting! I'm having some people over this weekend, so I will have to try out some recipes. Thanks!