Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Poor babies :(

Update: I talked to my dad a little earlier and he said that Jozlyn has a fracture in her jaw and will have surgery (hopefully within the next day or two) to wire her jaw shut. Poor little girl...she lives to talk and to eat! This is going to be very tough for her! Kaden is up and walking around now and will probably be discharged soon. He was playing video games when I talked to my dad. They are still running tests on my sister and she was talking to a lawyer. I think Sam and I are going to head over there tomorrow. It won't be a pleasant trip, but I've got to go see them!


My sister and her 2 kids were in a car accident in Tulsa yesterday. They are all going to be ok - as in going to live and probably no permanent injuries, thank goodness. They were all wearing their seatbelts. Kaden (10) and Jozlyn (7) were both briefly knocked unconscious. Jozlyn is the most badly injured. She hit the seat in front of her and her face is so swollen that they cannot tell yet if anything is broken. She is heavily sedated, but she wakes up very frightened and in a lot of pain - the medication is also making her sick. I can't stand the fact that I am not there to give her hugs, but my parents are there and I may head over there tomorrow. Kaden is very badly bruised and was admitted to the hospital, but is doing well. He is on pain meds for his leg and hip. I got to talk to him last night and he seemed to be doing well - I talked to him before he was taken down to see Jozlyn though. He was very worried about her so the nurse wheeled him down to see her and he cried and cried. She looks terrible and I'm sure he wasn't expecting that.

Once the shock and adrenaline wore off, my sister realized how much pain she was in so she ended up going down to the ER herself. They are supposed to be doing a cat scan on her today as her neck is in a lot of pain (they were rear-ended and the driver did not slow down before hitting them).

So please keep Melissa, Kaden and Jozlyn in your prayers as well as my parents. They were really shaken by all of this.

8 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my gosh...I am so glad they are all going to be OK...we will definitely keep them in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted.

Kate Hart said...

Oh my goodness, bless their hearts. We will be thinking of them. I hope you get to see them soon.

The Evins said...

We will keep them in our prayers. I hope you get to see them soon.
Amber

the boyd girls.... said...

That is scary! I am so sorry! Keep us updated!

cwlewis said...

OMG! I'm so sorry about your sister and her children. I will keep them and your entire family in my thoughts and prayers. If you go and see them, be very careful!!

Christy said...

You'll all be in our thoughts and prayers! Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Anonymous said...

Please let them know that I'm praying for them!

Lindsay said...

So glad they are ok--and that you'll get to visit them. We'll be praying for them to heal quickly.