Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Ugh!

Today Sam got his first official "boo boo". He was outside in the garage and was so excited about seeing a car (his new favorite thing in the world!) that he attempted to take off running. Well, he hasn't quite achieved the state of balance necessary for running and therefore fell flat on his face on the concrete. His teeth cut the inside of his lip so he's sporting a nice fat lip and he chipped a tooth :( I am very very sad about the tooth - the lip will heal, the tooth will not. It really isn't terrible, I'm sure most people wouldn't even notice, but I do! I know I'll get over it, but right now every time he smiles I cringe a little - again, I know it won't take too long to get over it since that smile can melt my heart in a second, but still...I hate that he's already chipped a tooth!

Oh well, the first of many minor injuries I'm sure! I am thankful that he didn't injure himself more seriously.

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Ouch! I'm sure he's still a cutie!

Kate Hart said...

Aw! I'm sorry Sam got hurt! And I know the Mom guilt is no fun either. :-(