I read online last night that any time your child chips a tooth take them to the dentist as soon as possible. I didn't really think about taking him because I knew there wasn't really anything they could do to fix it, but I didn't realize that it could become infected if there was any nerve exposed. So you can imagine my rush to get Sam to a dentist after reading that! We are leaving for vacation tomorrow so I knew that I had to do it today. Well apparently no pediatric dentist (or adult dentist from what I could find) works on Fridays!! I can't say that I blame them, but I was going to worry myself to death if I didn't get him to a dentist before we leave town. So luckily a guy that I went to high school with is a pediatric dentist and happens to live across the street from a good friend of mine so I called him and he let me come by his house and he took a look at Sam's tooth. He said that from what he could tell there was no nerve exposed, but it was close and without better lighting he wouldn't be able to tell for sure. He assured me that since Sam was not in pain and not having sensitivity to cold or hot foods, then more than likely it is fine. Phew!!! It's very likely that both front teeth will turn grey though :( That is something I am NOT looking forward to. Oh well, not much we can do!
So what do you other Stay at Home Moms out there do with your kids for fun during the day? I'm running out of fun things for us to do. I feel like I just haul him around on errands all the time instead of doing fun things for him. The park is about the only place fun that I've taken him, but he doesn't really do anything other than walk around. Plus, it's kind of boring for me (hint hint to those out there who have kids Sam's age - we need to meet up so the mommies aren't bored!). What about creative things to do at home? Any suggestions?
4 comments:
Hey Girl,
We need to get the boys together since I am off work :):). E-mail me when you get back from vacation and we will get together.
anboatman@hotmail.com Have a fun and safe trip.
Amber Evins
We're always up for a park visit!
That aquatic center looked fun, where is it? I hope you guys have a great vacation! Glad Sam's teeth are ok!
Sorry to hear about Sam's tooth.
We all need to get together soon. It has been too long.
Anita
Post a Comment