I took a lot of pictures of the Falls. Most of them look exactly the same so I'll spare you and show you the highlights! It was raining and storming about the time that we got there. We parked on the American side and were going to walk across the Rainbow Bridge into Canada. It was lightly raining at the time so we bought some ponchos and headed that way. Yeah, we made it maybe a mile and it started storming and pouring down rain. We took cover under bridge until it let up a little and decided to head back to the car and drive over. The rain kind of killed our plans to ride on the Maid of the Mist (a boat that takes you into the mist - you can see it in a couple of the pictures). We were so soaked and tired that we opted out of getting even wetter. I think it would have been really cool though! The day was salvaged though. After our visit to the Falls, the rain let up and the sun even came out. So we enjoyed walking around on the Canadian side which is like a huge carnival. More on that later...
The first picture is of the Canadian "Horseshoe" Falls. Next, the American Falls - the little fall to the far right is actually called the Bridal Veil Falls. The 3rd picture is of the mist created by the Falls. The 4th picture is of part of the American Falls. The last picture is a rainbow. The sun peeked out for a minute and created a rainbow in the mist. This was taken from the Tablerock area on the Canadian side.
2 comments:
Gorgeous!
Fun! I remember a little from when I went with my family. I think I was in the 6th grade? Not exactly sure. We rode the boat and got really wet, I do remember that and the rainbows. It's gorgeous though. I would love to back. We stayed on the Canadian side - camping with my grandparents RV style.
Post a Comment