Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Buffalo Trip

I had such a great time with my girls in Buffalo! It was so much fun to hang out with Brandy & Becky and to take in some new sights. It was especially wonderful to finally meet Becky's beau, Greg! He earned some major points by driving us to Niagara-on-the-Lake to do some wine tasting - thanks Greg!

Ok, on to the pictures. Most of these were taken during our wine tasting in Canada. We went to 5 wineries and it was so fun! Their signature wine up there is Ice Wine and it is like candy - definitely a very sweet dessert wine. It was really good.

The first picture is of Lake Niagara - and of course me, Brandy and Becky. The second is at Inniskillin Winery. Next, Peller Estates, our favorite and the nicest we went to. After hitting the wineries, we went into the little village that is there. We shopped a little and ate at the Shaw Cafe. It was really good. I wish I had taken pictures of the village. It was very cool. It reminded me a lot of Eureka Springs, but without the incense and hippies! Ha!

Obviously, the last picture is not from Niagara-on-the-Lake...it's a picture of the Anchor Bar, home of the Original Buffalo Wings. We had lunch there Sunday before we went back to Niagra to view the Falls. I'll post the Niagara Falls pics in a separate post.









































No comments: