Tuesday, August 07, 2007

18 Month Check Up

I took Sam for his 18 month check up yesterday and the dr said he was right on track! He weighs 26 lbs, 12 oz (75th percentile) and is 33 1/4 inches long (I think, I can't remember for sure - I wrote it in the baby book so I'll have to double check tomorrow). He did so well...he was being a major ham and really having a good time answering the dr's questions. When she'd ask a question he would nod. It was too funny! They didn't have record of his blood test for anemia that they did at 9mos (I remember them doing it so I know they did!) so they had to do it again. He didn't even so much as flinch when the nurse pricked his finger...what a good boy! His iron level was good, thank goodness.

He starts a new class at MDO in a few weeks and I am so nervous for him! I know he'll be fine, but he LOVES Ms. Katie, his current teacher. He won't even let the other teacher (who is new for the summer) near him. Hopefully there will be so many new, exciting things in the toddler classroom that he'll manage to let go of Ms. Katie. I have several friends with kids who are currently in the toddler room and they all tell me how wonderful the teachers are in that class so I'm sure he'll adjust quickly, but I'm still gonna be nervous!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Christy pointed out that there's only a 2oz difference between Mason and Sam! But Mason is 13 months--he's a HUGE kid! :) Who's your Ped??

the boyd girls.... said...

Sam is getting so big! Check our blog... I just tagged you! I know you are excited... :)