Friday, May 12, 2006

Things you are doing now...

Sam you're about 3 1/2 months old now. You are starting to grab toys and hold them - you still look a little like a shaky old man when you grab them, but you are grabbing nonetheless :) You are making silly sounds - screaming (happy screams), laughing, some vowel sounds, an owl sound, and a Forrest Gump sound (he sounds like Forrest Gump imitating his mom at the beginning of the movie...I think you all know what I'm talking about!). You like to talk when you're in the car. I guess you get a little bored back there facing the seat! You also love your hands. You rub them together and suck on them constantly. We are constantly amazed at how you can get both fists into that tiny little mouth of yours! You drool a lot too - it's almost as though you are teething, but it's a bit early for that.

You are laughing much more frequently now - especially at yourself in the mirror. You also like to scream happily when you see yourself. It's very funny! You've rolled over from your stomach to your back a few times, but you are not consistently doing this...only when you feel like it and NEVER when mommy tells people you've done it and then try to show them. I video taped you though so I have evidence!

You still love your changing table and your mobile. You are still getting breastmilk only at this point, but we are getting ready to start you on some rice cereal even though your pediatrician said not to until you are six months old. All of Mommy's friends started their babies at four months and I am too! I'm hoping it might help with your reflux. You go back to the doctor next Thursday for more shots (I'm really glad he can't read this!) - Mommy and Daddy can't wait to see how much you weigh now and how long you are!

No comments: