Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Finally, a new post!

We've had a pretty eventful week so far. Sam and I spent our first night away from home. We went to Ft. Smith to visit with my friend Becky who is in town from Buffalo, NY. We drove down last night and spent the night. I got to have lunch today with Becky, Angie, Brandy, and Amy while Sam got to hang out with Memaw and Pawpaw. Sam did OK. He slept better than I actually expected him to. He was a bit skeptical of sleeping in the pack and play though. I had to finally nurse him to sleep. He was NOT going to sleep otherwise. Then he was pretty restless most of the night. I of course got no sleep at all. Next time I'll be taking the monitor with me and sleeping in another room! Every time he moved I anticipated him waking up so I didn't sleep much. We had a good visit though. He got to meet Becky, who is also his Godmother and will be attending his Baptism on Saturday.
Sam also rolled over twice today! He pretty much just fell over the first time while straining to look at a toy, but the second time he pushed himself over. He wouldn't do it again though. The picture I posted below is from a few days ago where he was really close, but didn't do it.
I've posted some new pictures - some from our trip and some from a few days ago. He is still a little leery of the Bumbo seat. His little head kind of falls back in it a little - he's not quite ready for it, but I'll put him in it for a few minutes at a time a couple of times a day. He'll be ready soon. Also, thanks to Uncle Ray for the Las Vegas bib - as you can see it came in very handy since he promptly spit up all over it within seconds of tying it around his neck!
Sitting in his bumbo seat. He still has some problems keeping his head up, but he's almost ready to sit in it more often!
Getting some lovin' from his cousin Jozlyn
After a bath at Memaw and Pawpaw's
Wearing his new bib - Thanks Ray!
Soooo close!!!

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Becky paid me not to put her on my blog, did she pay you too? I'm kidding. I know what you mean about not being able to sleep because you think he's going to wake up any minute. I do that every night it seems. Sam is getting so big, you are good at catching his sweet smiles!

Kate Hart said...

Glad to hear your trip, and Sam's baptism, both went well. He is getting so big!
Kate