Everything went really well yesterday at Sam's baptism. We went to mass at 4pm and Sam did very well. He started to cry a couple of times, but I was able to calm him quickly. Everytime there was singing he sang along too :) He would make little humming noises (I think they sound like an owl!). It was too cute. He also laughed a couple of times during mass. It usually takes Tim or I doing all kinds of silly things to get him laughing, but of course it took nothing but me looking at him during church to make him laugh. It was cute. The baptism didn't start until after 5. I don't really know what time it was. I know it wasn't over until a little after 6 though. Sam was starving and shoving both fists in his mouth by the time we left! Poor guy! I thought for sure we'd be home by 6 or I would have taken a bottle. He was good though for being so hungry. He didn't cry - just chewed on his hands ;)
Thank you so much to Ray and Ida and James and Angie for coming to the baptism. There were so many other things going on on Saturday and we feel honored that you all chose to spend part of your day with us. Sam is a lucky little guy to have so many people who care about him. We are also very lucky to have such wonderful friends! Thanks also to Zach and Becky for being Sam's Godparents. He's blessed to have such great role models!
I've posted a couple of pictures. These are all that were taken with my camera. I knew Tim's mom would take plenty so I focused more on video (thanks PawPaw for manning the video camera!). I'll post more when I get them from Grandma. I also plan to have his picture made in his baptism outfit.

1 comment:
Those pictures turned out pretty good, I can't wait to see Grandma's! Pretty soon, Sam will be so used to getting his picture taken that he'll automatically pose. :) Thanks again for letting me be a part of his big day. I miss you all already!
Post a Comment