Monday, April 06, 2009

Potty training update

Sam stayed dry all day today! Even during his nap, although I did not expect this and do not expect it to happen regularly. I was so proud of him!! He was so excited too. Today was the second day in a row that he pooped on the potty - and even told us that he needed to. So this afternoon I let him wear his Thomas underwear. He was so excited he could hardly contain himself! It was just from about 3:30 until bath time at about 7:30 but he did not have an accident and used the potty several times during that time period. We still have to tell him to go potty (I try to make sure I get him on it every hour, if not more) - he doesn't tell us, unless he needs to poop. But that's ok! I'll take what I can get!

Of course our next battle will be switching to the big potty. Right now he is using the little plastic potty chair to pee pee and the big potty (with a training seat) to poop. For some reason he refuses to pee pee on the big potty even though he'll sit on it to poop. He's a strange kid, what can I say! So I guess he'll have to wear a pull up for sure when we are going out of the house...at least for now.

I'm just not so sure I'm ready for all this growing up that he's doing. It really hit me today after I put the underwear on him. While I'm so proud of him and I love that he says new things every day and is constantly learning, I'm also a little sad that he's not a baby anymore. Ok, this is about to make me cry so I'm going stop but had to share my little guy's progress!

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Amen Sista.. it's killing me how big the boys are getting.. it seems all of a sudden!

Fourgiven Momma said...

Way to go Sam! It does kill to see them grow up so fast. I love, love, love the baby stage, but it continually surprises me how much I love the big boy stage too. It's so great to watch the little people they are becoming.

Lindsay said...

How exciting! I know-it is sad though. Mason's been doing pretty good. He's peed standing up at the big boy potty 2 times now & has pooped on it once. He gets big treats after. I also use those little floater targets for him to aim at & he loves them. It makes him want to use the big potty, so maybe try that with Sam if you haven't already. Good Luck!

(P.S. If someone told me BEFORE I was a mom that I would openly talk about-and even type about-poop & pee, I'd have thought they were crazy!) :) Things change....