Monday, April 13, 2009

Fun Weekend

Our weekend started with a trip to Tulsa on Friday. We were headed to the zoo, but it was so cold and windy that we opted for the aquarium instead. I charged my camera up before we left, put it in my purse, then left my purse in the car when we went inside the aquarium. Ugh! I am so terrible with that thing. I need to just permanently attach it to me somehow. I did get a few pictures with my phone. I had to have some pictures because we actually got 4 complete families to Tulsa...on a Friday...together. We could not have planned for that to happen because it never would have! It just miraculously fell into place!








Best thing about the trip...Sam stayed dry all day! Thankfully Mandy had a travel potty ring that Sam got to borrow. He isn't really fond of sitting on the big potty without one - he thinks he's going to fall in...no matter how many times I promise him that I won't let him!

Before naptime on Saturday we dyed some eggs for Easter...









After naptime it was so beautiful outside we headed to the Razorback baseball game. It was nice even if we did lose the game. Sam and Charlie had the best time! I love this picture of Charlie so I had to include it!







And on the potty front - even after such a great day on Friday, I insisted Sam wear a pull up to the game because we wouldn't have a potty ring and I wasn't sure he'd use the big potty. Well, he successfully stood up to pee-pee and again stayed dry. He even stayed dry over night last night - a first! He woke up at 5:30 and wanted to go potty. Unfortunately he didn't go back to sleep after that, but I guess I can't have it both ways. He did have an accident this morning in his big boy underwear, but he's really doing well!

2 comments:

Matt and Jolee said...

Sounds like he is officially "potty trained!" Aren't those first ventures out in underwear scary? I was a nervous wreck with the boys. Knock on wood, Jordyn never had an accident outside the house... in the house, yes, but not outside. That's a girl for ya! lol It's such an accomplishment when it is done. She's still wearing a pull up at night. She stays dry during naps, but is still wet some mornings... it will come eventually.

Lindsay said...

Wow-I'm so impressed that Sam has taken to the potty training so well! We're still working on it and stories like this give me hope!