Monday, September 15, 2008

Big Boy Bed

We did it, we finally put Sam in a big boy bed. He has always done so well in the crib that we didn't want to move him. However, we decided it was time. He just didn't have much room left in that crib! Plus, we are selling a lot of stuff in the Rhea Lana consignment sale this week and decided we'd try to sell the crib too.


Here are some pictures...it isn't completely finished. They sent us white rails instead of cherry ones so we need to change those out. We wanted to get it up so we could get the crib ready to sell so we'll just switch out the rails when the cherry ones get here. I also haven't found a bed skirt that I'm completely sold on so that will come as well. Otherwise I think it turned out pretty cute! I also need to move some stuff around on his walls...or have some cuter stuff made by more talented people than myself :)


Sam loves it! He's been asking us to put it together for days. He slept great last night. In fact, he didn't get up until 8am this morning (he usually gets up about 7). We checked on him before we went to bed and he had his face smashed up against the wall. Tim moved him, but who knows where he ended up after that! We have a rail on it so he won't fall out. As of now, he still doesn't realize he can actually get in and out of it without my permission. I'm hoping it stays this way for a while!

8 comments:

Christy said...

I can't believe he is already old enough for a Big Boy Bed! It looks great and he is so cute!

Matt and Jolee said...

He is getting SO big! We're already talking about putting Jordyn into a toddler bed. I moved the other two about this time, so we'll see. I want to do it and her get used to it before Matt deploys. I'm surprised Sam never tried to crawl out! Jordyn jumps up and down as if she's on the trampoline and I'm afraid she's gonna flip herself out of hers. Sam will figure out he can crawl in and out soon, I'm sure!

Kara and Travis said...

What a big boy! He's so happy! Love the bedding.

The Traxsons said...

We actually never even put his crib on the lowest setting...just the next to lowest. He never once tried to climb out. I never even took his bumper pads out so he could have very easily done it, but never tried! I certainly wasn't going to show him! Ha!

Lindsay said...

OMG! You are so LUCKY! Mason climbed out of his crib at 18 months! (I'm sure you remember hearing about our horror stories!) It was pretty rough. I think he needs a twin bed b/c the crib converted into a toddler bed is getting a little cramped!

Sam looks so proud of his new bed! It's really cute!

the boyd girls.... said...

its precious! I think you did a great job! It was fun getting to do gymnatics with you a few weeks ago... maybe one day well be in the same class!

Anita Pope said...

I love the room! It is adorable. He is getting so big!!!

Amanda @ Bibs and Cribs said...

Yippee! Congrats on the big boy bed! =)