I think all of you know that I am the Managing Director of the Jackson L. Graves Foundation. So I’m going to take a minute while I have a captive audience and do a little recruiting! So bear with me!
We have 2 events coming up where we could use some help. First, the Hogeye Marathon on April 6th. The Foundation is a benefactor of the race, meaning we receive some of the proceeds. So the more money the race makes, the more we’ll get. The percentage of the proceeds that we receive is based on the number of volunteers and runners we recruit on our behalf. So, if you are willing to volunteer (which consists of standing at a street corner and directing runners or handing out water) please let me know and I’ll get your info and get you signed up. All volunteers receive a Foundation tshirt as well as Hogeye Volunteer tshirt. Plus, you get the satisfaction of knowing that you helped us get more money!
If you are already planning to run in the 5K, ½ marathon, full marathon, or a 4 person relay team, please consider running on behalf of the Foundation. If you want to run the 4 person relay and need a team, we can help find you a team to run on. For the 5K, ½ , and full marathon, all you need to do is make a note on your entry form that you are running for the Jackson Graves Foundation (and let me know too so I can get you a free running shirt with our logo on it). If you form a relay team, I’ll complete the entry forms for you! Just let me know if you are interested!
We will also be holding our annual fundraiser Red, White & Baby Blue on June 27th. We need volunteers for all areas of event planning as well as execution. We need people to volunteer in one or more of the following areas: entertainment, silent auction, live auction, food/beverages, sponsors, logistics, decorations, publicity, and general tasks – as well as help the day of the event.
Still looking for an opportunity to help out? You can book an Easter photo session with Thetford Photography March 7 or 8 - all sitting fees from those 2 days come back to the Foundation. Also, plan to purchase meals from Pass Your Plate (both Fayetteville and Springdale stores are participating) between March 10-22 and let them know you want to support the Jackson Graves Foundation. 10% of your purchase will be donated to the Foundation!
I don’t plan to use my blog as a means to recruit very often, but the Foundation is very important to me and I’ll do whatever I can to get the word out!
3 comments:
I say use your blog to shamelessly promote these great events more often! It's great info and opportunities for us to know about.
I don't think I can help with these--but I'll let you know if anything changes.
Lindsay
I think you should use the blog to promote events! I have a friend who is running the 1/2 marathon, so I will pass on this information to her. I wish I would have known about Thetford's sooner b/c we have used him since Emily was born. Please keep us updated on the events.
I'd like to donate some of my burp cloths to the silent auction if you are looking for items. They probably won't raise thousands, but every little bit helps, right???
Post a Comment