We are so ready for more warm days! I couldn’t say that we are so ready for Spring, because it is Spring! However, I know some more cold weather is coming our way so we’ll be enjoying these warm, sunny days while they last. We spent yesterday and most of today in Fort Smith. Kaden and Jozlyn were in town since they too are on Spring Break. We had lunch in the park today and then played for quite a while. Sam just loves getting to run wild and (almost) free!
I’m trying to remember if we’ve done anything exciting since the last time I posted. Oh, Sam did make his first trip to the dentist. He was not having it. They didn’t get to do xrays or clean his teeth and I had to hold him down so Dr. Ward could look in his mouth. However, I fully expected this reaction so I wasn’t surprised in the least. That’s Sam for ya! The staff was not the least bit phased by it either and assured me that not many kids at Sam’s age will cooperate and we’d have better luck next time. Dr. Ward did say that his teeth looked healthy.
Sam is really doing well in Kindermusik. The last session we did he didn’t really participate that much. This session he “sings” along and does pretty much everything he is asked to do. It’s so amazing to see how much more grown up he is! His vocabulary is coming along finally too. I was worried and even questioned his pediatrician at his 2 yr check up because he still wasn’t using 2 word phrases and so many of his words sound nothing like they should. However, his dr was not concerned and said to wait until he is 2 ½ and if I was still concerned to bring him back in. Well, literally, the next day or so he started trying to use 2 word phrases. He still gets jumbled a lot, but at least he’s giving it a shot. I should have known – he’s done everything on the later side of normal!
I think I’d like to enroll him in gymnastics after we finish this Kindermusik session – for something more physical and different. I can’t wait J
Here are some cute pictures of Sam and Daddy reading – and Sam wearing Daddy’s hat!


I’m trying to remember if we’ve done anything exciting since the last time I posted. Oh, Sam did make his first trip to the dentist. He was not having it. They didn’t get to do xrays or clean his teeth and I had to hold him down so Dr. Ward could look in his mouth. However, I fully expected this reaction so I wasn’t surprised in the least. That’s Sam for ya! The staff was not the least bit phased by it either and assured me that not many kids at Sam’s age will cooperate and we’d have better luck next time. Dr. Ward did say that his teeth looked healthy.
Sam is really doing well in Kindermusik. The last session we did he didn’t really participate that much. This session he “sings” along and does pretty much everything he is asked to do. It’s so amazing to see how much more grown up he is! His vocabulary is coming along finally too. I was worried and even questioned his pediatrician at his 2 yr check up because he still wasn’t using 2 word phrases and so many of his words sound nothing like they should. However, his dr was not concerned and said to wait until he is 2 ½ and if I was still concerned to bring him back in. Well, literally, the next day or so he started trying to use 2 word phrases. He still gets jumbled a lot, but at least he’s giving it a shot. I should have known – he’s done everything on the later side of normal!
I think I’d like to enroll him in gymnastics after we finish this Kindermusik session – for something more physical and different. I can’t wait J
Here are some cute pictures of Sam and Daddy reading – and Sam wearing Daddy’s hat!
No comments:
Post a Comment