Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Frugal?

For those of you who may not know, Terri at Life + Kids is having “Frugal Week” this week. She asked if I’d post my frugal tips…I laughed…and I’m sure my husband is going to laugh when he sees this post. Me? Frugal? I’m the one who could really use the tips!

Anyway, she convinced me that I must have some sort of frugal tendencies – and really, I guess I have a few. I am all about free entertainment so that’s what I’ll share…although I really struggled with sharing these secrets because I don’t want everyone to run to the nearest Barnes & Noble and take up all of the space at the train table! Ha!

Sam and I love the parks when the weather permits. Hands down, Wilson is our favorite. However, there are more great parks in the area! Some of the others we frequent: Gully Park, Rotary Park/Tyson Park (Springdale), a park in Tontitown (don’t know the name), and the one in Johnson.

We love the Fayetteville Library as well. We attended baby bookworms every Monday since he dropped his morning nap. Now he’s moved up to Toddler Storytime and although we haven’t made it to too many of them, we intend to. Nothing beats the library for some free fun!

Barnes and Noble is another of our free fun hangouts. Sam can read books and play at the train table (he is obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine!) and I can sit back and enjoy a coffee – for a few minutes anyway. I’m sure they’d like for you to actually buy something, but I rarely do…that’s what the library is for! Don’t tell the people at B&N I said that though! And if you really want to save money on children’s books, check out some of the resale shops like Once Upon a Child or go to TJ Maxx. That’s where I buy nearly all of Sam’s books as well as any books I buy as baby gifts (and books are my favorite gift to give).

After you go to B&N you can walk right over to the pet store and spend some time “finding Nemo” and watching the rats run in their little wheels. Sam likes it anyway…

I think that’s about the extent of my being frugal. Well, I also rarely buy anything at full price when it comes to clothing and shoes – for Sam, for myself or for Tim. So I suppose that helps too! I’m off to read some of the others’ posts to see if I can find some new tips!

1 comment:

Kara and Travis said...

Good ideas! Tim has rubbed off on you...I know he's proud. ;-)