Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Sam was a sweet little monkey for Halloween! We had big plans for Sam, Gage, and Charlie to be “three monkeys” and have their pictures made together. Unfortunately, poor little Charlie got sick. So Gage and Sam had their picture made together. Not quite the same effect as 3 monkeys, but so very cute anyway!! Gage and Sam both did very well. I can’t wait to see the pictures!

I wasn’t so sure it was going to work out though. I put Sam’s costume on at home and he refused to wear the headpiece and the feet. Then he was totally freaked out by the tail. I was NOT expecting that! He screamed – I guess he thought it was something chasing him! I eventually had to rig the costume so that he couldn’t see the tail. Here is how my own little photo session went down…

Then we went to Babies & Beyond to meet Gage, Mandy and Rob for the pics. I was worried. However, Mandy was brilliant and brought bananas for the boys. They both just sat there chowing down on bananas instead of freaking out about their costumes. Sam left the headpiece and feet on. I was even able to let the tail down for a couple of pics without him noticing. He didn’t smile at first, but then Mandy got him to smile toward the end. We had the boys’ pics taken together and then separately.

After the pictures, we came home for a little while before heading to the mall for trick or treating (although we didn’t actually trick or treat, just walked around – we don’t need any candy!) I managed to get some pretty decent pictures because a FedEx truck pulled up next door and Sam LOVES trucks so he was so fascinated that he didn’t mind the costume and was very still while I snapped pictures.



















Eston came for a visit tonight too - he was the cutest little Charlie Brown I've ever seen! The costume was perfect for him! My photo sessions came full circle as you can see...














Today was also our last day of Kindermusik. What will we do on Wednesday mornings now? I’m sad. I like having things to do. I’m not so creative when it comes to entertaining Sam so going to things like this keep us busy. Anyway, we got to say good bye to Ms. Ruth and our friends. We’ll probably do the next session that starts in February so we’ll see them all then – the next session curriculum is “things that go.” That includes all of Sam’s favorite things – cars, trucks, planes, and trains. So we can’t NOT do it! I tried to snap a few pictures, but my battery was dead. Maybe I can get some of the other moms to send me pictures.

4 comments:

Brandy said...

Good job on wearing the head gear Sam! Happy Halloween!

Kate Hart said...

We had similar issues with costumes on the head. Maybe next year! :-)

Lindsay said...

Mason was that EXACT monkey last year for his first Halloween! We still have the costume because I'm too sentimental to let it go!
Sam looked very cute! I was lucky--Mason actually kept his headpiece on. He was Pablo from the Backyardigans. Happy Halloween!
Lindsay

Matt and Jolee said...

ha! I definitely know what you mean about him being scared after this Halloween with Jordyn. Whew!! Sam looks great as a monkey - it fits his personality too...:-) I'm sure the pictures together will be so cute...Happy Halloween, Sam!