Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Where oh where...

Has my sweet little boy gone? Where oh where could he be? Seriously, I think Sam has been abducted by aliens and replaced with a demonic look-alike. This particular demonic alien believes that it’s his way or no way – well, actually, it’s his way or a whole lot of screaming, kicking, hitting, and flailing. And those who know me, know that I don't let him get away with much - I am the victor of most battles no matter how hard it is. Any suggestions from you seasoned moms out there? I know it’s just his age for the most part, but what am I supposed to do when he starts doing this? I try to talk to him, but he screams so loud he doesn’t hear me. I try putting him in his naughty corner (if we’re at home, but he mostly enjoys throwing these tantrums in public), but he screams harder and keeps trying to get up – although I have learned from Super Nanny that I have to keep putting him back. That is exhausting but I try! I need to watch more Super Nanny – I better check my TV guide and see when it comes on.

On a different note, I went with Angie to see Momix at the Walton Arts Center last night. Awesome! I am in complete awe of the strength of those dancers! I can barely make it through a Pilates class (I once went to an advanced class and seriously could not do any of the moves and I like to consider myself in fairly decent shape!) and they were doing some amazing stuff. If you ever have the chance to see them, you should!

4 comments:

Kate Hart said...

Dang, we were there too! We were in the balcony, which is probably why we missed you. So far as tantrums go, I have no advice, just lots of sympathy! We haven't really tried time out yet, just LOTS of redirecting. He usually turns out to be hungry. Who knew?

Lindsay said...

I have so much to look forward to! You should buy her book(s) I bought the Super Nanny book several months ago and have referred to it many times. I want to get her second book, also.

Matt and Jolee said...

This too shall pass.... Hang in there!!!!

Brandy said...

where'd you go? I haven't figured out the fit throwing tantrum thing either... it's so frustrating for both of us i'm sure.