Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Great Weather

I'm not sure today's weather can be beat! I was just glad to see some sunshine and no rain, yet we got a great temperature too! Now why in the world I'm sitting inside on my computer is beyond me...Sam and I did play outside for a while after I picked him up from school. We had a great time sitting in the driveway blowing bubbles, or "bubbo! bubbo!" as he calls them.

I know it's already halfway into this week, but I'll go ahead and do a weekend update. I was pretty busy! I ran a 5K on Saturday morning - the Cherishing Children race which benefit the Children's Advocacy Center in Little Flock. The people who run that shelter also run Restoration Village, which is a shelter that the Jr League of NWA partners with. So I thought I'd show my support! I very rarely run - and when I do it's for just a few minutes before and/or after Body Pump. But I made it! I don't know my official time because the results were never posted online, but it was pretty close to 35 minutes. Which isn't a very good time, but it's good for me!

Saturday night I helped some friends with a wine dinner that they donated as an auction item for the Graves Foundation. I had promised to help with it. It went really well and we had a great time. I picked up a few good entertaining pointers as well.

Sam and I went to Ft. Smith on Sunday to visit my family. My sister and kids were there so we got to celebrate Jozlyn being wire free! She got to eat all of her favorite foods :) It was also Grandparents Day, which I completely forgot about so "Happy Grandparents Day" to my grandpa, Tim's grandma, and our parents!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

yeah we blew lots of bubbles today too! Congrats on running that far! I'm so impressed! I don't think I could make it 5 blocks..