Monday, January 15, 2007

New Words

Sam has been babbling non stop for a couple of months now, but in the last week he has actually started trying to say words! He now says "ba" for ball and "cacka" when I get him a graham cracker. He LOVES graham crackers and goes nuts when I get them out - the only thing he loves more than the graham crackers is yogurt. You would think he had just won the lottery (if he knew anything about money ;) when we bring out the yogurt! It's so funny!

I swear he said Emmy the other day too. He hasn't said it since, but he pointed right at her and said "emma." He also says "da da" a lot while looking at dogs so I think that's what he's trying to say although he says "da da" for a lot of things, including Daddy. He of course says "mama" now too - not really sure that he always knows why he's saying it, but sometimes he is definitely meaning Mommy.

Here are a few pictures of him playing and with his beloved cracker.


4 comments:

Brandy said...

Sam, you are so big feeding that cracker to yourself! Davis tries to shove the whole thing in his mouth if I don't break it up! Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

What a big boy you are, Sam. I can't believe you're already learning to sound out those words, what a smartie! Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

oops, that was me, I don't know why that keeps happening!

Kate Hart said...

That's so funny-- our boy is obsessed with crackers too. He'd much rather have that than anything sweet! It won't be long before these two are running around together. :-)