Sunday, August 06, 2006

Things you are doing now...

You are sleeping so much better than you used to! You aren't one of those babies we can just put into the crib and let you fall asleep on your own, but you are getting to be a pretty good sleeper. If you wake up at all, you may let out a quick cry and then you're right back to sleep. We put you down between 7 and 7:30pm, I go in and feed you at 10pm and then you sleep until 6 am. You awake at 6am regardless of how late we put you down so we just started putting you down a little earlier so you'd get more sleep and we'd have more adult time. It seems to be working out great! We are so proud of you!

You are sort of still taking 3 naps a day. You were on such a good schedule and sleeping between 1.5 to 2 hours twice a day and then 30 to 45 mins in the late afternoon. However, today was the first day in 2 weeks that you took 2 good naps! I think swim lessons threw you off course. I'm not sure how to get you back on, but I'm sure trying!! You seem to sleep longer when Daddy puts you down for a nap - too bad he isn't here during the week to put you down!

You've had several veggies now and you do NOT like the green veggies. We are slowly adding green beans to your cereal to try to get you used to them. You LOVE sweet potatoes, squash, and oatmeal. You are still only getting solids once a day - that's out of pure laziness on Mommy's part! I'm hoping to start feeding you oatmeal in the mornings this week. We'll see how that goes :) You are still being breastfed and I don't intend to stop anytime soon. You've tried juice in a sippie cup once so far. You still don't really like juice, but you like to play with the cup.

You are sitting up like a champ now! You still manage to topple over on occasion, but you are doing so well! You are also starting to like your belly time. You have always gotten very upset when we put you on your tummy, but now you will play for a while before getting angry. You also discovered that sleeping on your tummy isn't so terrible afterall. When you first started rolling over onto your belly you'd wake up and cry (before you figured out you could roll yourself back over), but now you almost immediately roll over onto your belly when we put you to bed.

You are starting to be a mommy's boy - I think it hurts Daddy's feelings just a bit, but hopefully he realizes it's just a stage and that you'll be wanting to play with Daddy all the time when you get a little bigger. We are hoping that when you start Mother's Day out this month that you will become a little more independent.

That's about it for now...I could go on and on about all of the things that you do and how proud we are of you, but I don't want to scare anyone away from our blog with my novel-like posts! We love you Sam!!!! - Mommy and Daddy

No comments: