Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Some new firsts :)

Sam has picked up a new habit - making the "raspberry" sound with his mouth. It's really cute of course!! We laugh every single time he does it and he does it quite often. We just can't get enough of it.

Friday night Tim and I took Sam to our favorite place - U.S. Pizza. We haven't been there in a while...not since Sam was born anyway. There was a year or so after we were married that we ate there every single Friday night. I've posted a picture of Tim and Sam at the restaurant.

Saturday I left Sam for first time for any extended amount of time. I walked Race for the Cure that morning and then went to Tulsa with my friend Kara. After the race, I left at about 11am and got home just before 8pm. Needless to say, Tim and Sam both survived without me. I had to pump while I was gone, but it ended up working out really well and Kara and I had a great time. She was actually very proud of how calm I was. I of course have no worries when I leave Sam with his daddy so I was fine. I missed him alot, but I was shopping ;) That is one of my very favorite past times so it helped take my mind off of missing Sam. It was good to get out and feel like a real human again and it was good for Sam and Tim to have some bonding time.

Tuesday we were in Mountainburg all day due to my great uncle passing away. So Sam attended his first funeral. Of course he had no idea what was going on and slept for most of the service. He was a very good boy the whole day - we were very proud of him. It threw him off schedule, but he did very well! You are such a good boy Sam!! He also got to meet a lot of family that he had not met before. Everyone loved seeing him. Some of them Tim and I hadn't seen in a while either. I hate that it was because of a funeral that we were together, but it was still very nice to see my family. I've posted a picture of Sam in his dress up clothes. What a cutie pie :)

Last night Tim and I attended a baptism class at our church. Sam is going to be baptized on May 6th and one of the requirements is to attend this class. It was informative. Sam stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Traxson while we went to the class. I think he might have been a bit fussy for them, but that was understandable after the long day he'd had.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea! I made the blog! Yes, I'm still impressed at how calm you were leaving him for the first time for a significant amount of time. :-) Kara