Friday, January 09, 2009

Sickies

Sam and I have been sick this week. Sam got it first, the cough and congestion and then an ear infection. Poor kid...he ran fever for 4 days (over the weekend of course!) until I finally got him to the dr for antibiotics. He was very sad that he didn't get to go to school on Tuesday. I am pretty sure he was sick of hanging out with me after being out of school for the holidays!

He's pretty much better now. He stopped running fever on Tuesday and I took him to school yesterday - he was so excited to see his friends! He is still coughing some, but much better than he was.

Of course, now I have it. I think I've managed to avoid an ear infection, but the coughing and congestion is not fun. I sound worse than I feel right now though. I felt pretty bad for a couple of days and now I'm just sick of coughing.

I can't believe my little guy is going to be 3 in two weeks! It just seems impossible that it has been 3 years since he was born. I'm going to try to do a better job of documenting the things that he does. I seem to think that I have to have some good occasion (with pictures) to post on the blog. I bought a journal to keep up with some of the daily things that he does, but I've failed miserably at keeping that updated too. So maybe I will start posting more things without pictures...more for my benefit than your enjoyment ;) Of course the silly little things he does on a daily basis are really far more entertaining than pictures of him at birthday parties!

He is obsessed with Thomas the Train, as he has been for quite a while now, and it cracks me up that he is now using some of the vocabulary from Thomas movies/books. He now tells us when he is "cross", he "buffers" his trains, says "oh bother", and says his trains are "puffing along" when playing with his train track. It's too funny. He said something else today, but I can't remember what it was...something I hadn't heard him say before, but it was Thomas related.

One very sweet thing - he tells me many many times a day that he loves me (he tells Daddy too!). It melts my heart every single time!

No comments: