Poor little Sam has had a rough weekend! Ok, I say rough...he LOOKS like he's had a rough weekend but he isn't the least bit phased by his battle wounds.
First of all he's a boy who plays outside all day and climbs up and down the 2 steps to get onto our deck (still not really keen on walking up the steps without something to hold onto so he crawls up them) so his shins are pretty much a solid bruise!
Yesterday he fell into one of the bushes next to our deck and scratched his face. Today he got a splinter in his finger - the kind that is under the skin so I can't get to it. Plus he won't let me mess with it at all. I finally got him to keep a bandaid on it tonight after I put Neosporin on it. Sure am glad they make Cars bandaids! He was very excited to have Lightening McQueen on his finger!
To top it off, Emmy bit him. She's a small dog so obviously she didn't do too much harm and it must not have scared him very much because he continued to bug the crap out of her the rest of the night. I really can't blame the poor dog for biting him, but I guess we need to do a better job of disciplining him for messing with her. He bothers her so often that he really will have to sit in the naughty corner for about 90% of the day if I put him there every time! And I guess Emmy will be spending more of her day in her crate too. I wish I could just get him to leave her alone because otherwise she wouldn't even come near him.
That's about the extent of our weekend. We co-hosted a baby shower for our friends Ray and Ida today. We are so excited for them and can't wait to meet their little guy! Another boy...we could definitely put together a nice sports team with all of the boys in our circle of friends!
2 comments:
Poor Sam! We've been having a rough few days lately as well. What's up with that?!?
He's ALL boy, that's for sure!
Post a Comment