The cough, runny nose, stuffy head, etc fairy came to visit all of us this week! Tim had it early in the week and by week’s end Sam was sick and then me. Poor Sam couldn’t sleep at all Thursday night – which of course means that I didn’t sleep at all. I finally got him comfortable Friday night and we all got some sleep. I don’t know if you’ve gotten the email about rubbing Vicks Vapor Rub on their feet at night to keep them from coughing, but it works. I was not a believer when I first got the email and I first tried it. Sam has had a cough several times this winter. So I tried it a couple of times the last time he was sick, but it didn’t work. Well, I was using the baby Vicks…I switched to the regular Vicks and he’s slept like a baby with no coughing since! I don’t know how it works, but it does. I highly recommend it. I’ll let him cough all day to get rid of the crap in his chest, but not at night…that’s so miserable!
Well, like I said, Tim was sick earlier in the week. He was a trooper though. I hardly heard any complaints from him and he even toughed it out with me at Movin’ Out on Wednesday night. (A fantastic show by the way!!) I can say that he was a trooper because when I got it I was miserable – so I know he was too. I stayed in bed all day yesterday. Actually, I went to the gym yesterday morning thinking I could sweat it out. It didn’t work. I came home, showered and went to bed. Where I stayed all day and all night. Thankfully it was a Saturday and Tim was home to entertain Sam…he never even complained about that…he’s so good to me!
Anyway, I think we are all on the mend now. I feel much better today even though the annoying stuffy head/nose is lingering and I’m sure it will for awhile. Sam is still coughing and has a lot of congestion, but he seems to feel ok. And I think Tim is fine now.
On a different note, the American Heart Association’s Go Red For Women Luncheon is Tuesday at the Embassy Suites in Rogers. All of you ladies out there should definitely go! I am on the committee, but I’d recommend it even if I weren’t. The speaker is Rhonda Rich…she spoke last year too and she is FABULOUS!! You will love her. Tickets are $30 and can still be purchased by calling the AHA.
7 comments:
Yuck, sorry you guys were sick! Glad you're feeling better!
Wish you could have avoided the "sick fairy." Sick little kids are so pitiful, but sick mommies can get some sympathy too!
Glad you are all on the mend!
No fun!!! I'm glad you're on the road to recovery!
Would you like to be added to "Addison's Playgroup" (blogs I read)? Let me know!
How was the Luncheon? I'm going to go one of these years...and I'm going to donate a purse for the auction one of these years (sorry I've been such a flake on that).
Cammy Jo told me the luncheon and speaker were both great. I too, will go sometime--Christy & I can go together maybe!
I'm also getting over being sick--and it is miserable, I'll agree! Glad you're all feeling better. I don't know how Mason has managed to escape it so far, but I'm so lucky he has!
Lindsay
I really want you to see her whole room once it is put together...the pic of just the bedding does not do it justice. I would be happy to help you with your house; and it doesn't have to cost a fortune! I'm pretty crafty! =)
Yucky! I am sorry you have all been sick, that is no fun! Glad you all are on the mend!
Post a Comment