We’ve had a pretty eventful weekend filled with all sorts of activities actually, not just Christmas! Friday Sam and I went to Ft. Smith for Davis’s birthday. It was so much fun even though Sam was not in a very good mood. However, he thoroughly enjoyed the train ride around Creekmore Park. The park has a beautiful light display. It was really cold, but a lot of fun! Thanks Brandy!
Saturday ended up being a pretty relaxing day. We were supposed to have our Christmas with Tim’s extended family in Kansas, but it was postponed until this Saturday. We did get to celebrate our friend James’s birthday that night at Noodles. Yummy! Sam was really good for a little while then the melt down began. Needless to say we had to pack it up and head out of there before the festivities were over, but it was fun anyway! Happy Birthday James!
Sam and I were very lazy on Sunday! We didn’t even get out of our pj’s until that afternoon when I went to the gym and then on to Ft. Smith so I could prepare eats for the next day. Tim was not lazy though – he cleaned the entire house while Sam and I watched. He’s such a good hubby!
Monday morning Tim and Sam joined the rest of us in Ft. Smith for our annual Christmas Eve celebration. It has never been the same since my Grandmommy passed away a few years ago and it was certainly not the same this year without my brother, Rob, but we had a great time and cherish even more the family we have. Sam had a great time opening presents and being the center of attention. My niece and nephew just love him and he loves them right back – it’s so fun to watch them all together. Unfortunately I managed to get tons of pictures, but none of the three of them together. Here are a couple of Sam…
We drove back Monday afternoon so that we could be at home on Christmas morning. Tim and I always said that once we had our own kid we’d want to be in our own home on Christmas morning - at least while he's still young. I love that we have kept this pact. Sam was so excited to see all of the toys he got on Christmas Eve out of their packages and put together – ready to go! Then to open more! Here are tons of pics of Sam opening presents, pulling goodies out of his stocking, and even giving Emmy her Christmas rawhide bone - and lining up his trains on the couch.
Then it was on to Tim’s parent’s house in Rogers for some more! We had a great time with his mom, dad, brothers and Shannon. Sam couldn’t wait to get to “papaw’s” house (he calls every one of his grandparents “papaw” – even the grandmas!) Here he is with his new vacuum cleaner and cell phone. After all of this, we got home and Ray and Ida brought him yet another gift – a Dallas Cowboys Hoodie…which made his Daddy very happy! Gotta raise ‘em to root for the right teams!
And by the way...I got a new camera for Christmas! Woohoo! Thanks Tim!!
5 comments:
Merry Christmas guys! Glad Sam had a great time!
Thanks so much for coming down! We loved seeing you! Looks like Sam had a great time with new stuff! Merry Christmas.
i love all off the pics! looks like you all were busy but had wonderful times everywhere! dont you just love all of the hustle and bustle? I am glad you got a new camera too...those are always fun!
K
Merry Christmas!
And Go Cowboys! :-)
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment