Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pee Pee on the Pott-ay!

Yay! I wasn't convinced that Sam would be potty trained by the time he is supposed to move up to his new class at school in August - they have to be potty trained to attend. However, I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe he will!

I called it too...I said that he'd just decide one day to do it (that's the way this boy is...the harder I push the less interested he becomes) and that's pretty much what he did. We had just finished his bath last night and as he was getting out he said "maybe I should go pee pee on the potty." I said "yes, you should! maybe I'll give you a Thomas present if you do!" So he hopped on that potty and sat...and sat...and got up to check...then sat...and finally he dribbled a little bit out. He was so proud of himself and so was I!

So today he has asked to sit on it pretty much every 10 minutes, but that's ok. I'm just glad he's doing it. I can't say that I'm really training him yet. I'm just wanting him to get used to sitting on it and telling me when he needs to go. He still hasn't quite grasped the concept of telling me BEFORE he goes in his diaper though. But I finally have hope that he'll be trained very soon!

Hopefully I'll have some pictures to share soon...I just wanted to update on the potty situation :)

4 comments:

Brandy said...

Mitzi I'd almost given up on you!! Way to go SAM!! You are ahead of Davis!!

Christy said...

HOORAY for Sam!

Matt and Jolee said...

Woo hoo! Get that boy some pull ups and potty books. I'm sure you already have them. I always scattered potty books around the house so they would see them.... As far as the every 10 minutes, hang in there. It will eventually get better. Wait until you start going out in public and the public restrooms are so enticing! UGH!! At least he's a boy and doesn't have to touch as much stuff. :-)

Lindsay said...

Congrats! Potty training is so hard!
Mason is either On or Off with the potty-depends on what day it is. He knows what he needs to do but just doesn't want to-even though he gets big rewards. Oh well-I guess he'll do it when he's ready like Sam.
Cheers!