Not a lot going on around here...Sam had a stomach virus this week. I felt so bad for him. I think he's over it now. No puking for the last couple of days although he says his belly still hurts. I think he just wants the sympathy!
He is constantly cracking us up these days. Last night, I was getting ready to read bedtime stories and he decided he needed his lovey (aka Seven - yes, a Seinfeld reference). I told him to go get it. He just stood there and looked at me then looked at his book (a Thomas book that we picked up at the library yesterday). I said "go get Seven" and he still stood there with this look on his face like he was afraid to leave. So again I said "go get him" and finally he looked at me very seriously, shook his finger at me and said "do not read Thomas Mommy!" Yes, apparently he thinks that I read Thomas books behind his back! I assured him that I'd wait until he returned.
He is so obsessed with trains that he turns everything into a train. We were singing the Name Game the other day (you know, Sam Sam bo bam, etc) and we had to sing it for every single Thomas train that he could think of. We were painting this morning and his paint brush mysteriously tranformed into a train. We were making music with wooden sticks at Kindermusik and he stopped - to make his sticks into trains. He also likes to make conversations between trains and between other toys now.
The hitting at school has subsided, for now at least! He's gone 2.5 weeks without sitting in time out for hitting! Yay!! I don't know if something clicked and he understands self control a little better or if the punishment worked. I just know that I'm so glad that he has been good!
Now if only we could get him interested in potty training. He screams like we are yanking his toenails out everytime we try to sit him on the potty. He just gets hysterical. I'm starting to worry that he won't be potty trained in time to move to the next class at school. Of course, his whole life, I've worried about his development because he's always on the slower end of normal. And the funny thing is, it's not because he's not as smart, but because he is so danged stubborn! He just does everything on his own terms. So I fully expect him to wake up one day and say "I wanna use the potty" and then never go back. That's just the way he is! I'm just hoping it happens sooner than later!
Sam and I went to see Bob the Builder for Valentines Day. We had fun on our little date (Tim was on call and couldn't join us)! This was taken with my phone and I can't get Sam's red eyes fixed without making him look even crazier...

1 comment:
Davis will go every once in a while if we sit the potty in front of the little einsteins.. hee! But otherwise he's not interested either!
Post a Comment