Monday, June 23, 2008

So...

I picked Sam up from school last Tuesday and he had a Thomas sticker on his shirt. I casually asked what he had done to get a sticker (thinking he had probably been an extra good helper that day or that it was sticker day and everyone had one!). To my surprise, he had peed in the potty!!!! Ok, so he hasn't done it since, but that was the first time ever! There are a couple of kids in his class who are potty trained so I think he had just decided to give it a try after seeing them go. I was so proud of him :) Now if I could just get him to do it here.

We had a hectic weekend - I co-hosted a baby shower here for my friend Karen. She had a beautiful baby girl 3 weeks ago. She didn't know what she was having so she wanted to wait until after the baby was born to have a shower (she already has a 3 1/2 yr old boy). I don't think I've ever gotten to host a girl baby shower at my house and it was sooooo fun! (I think I've only gotten to co-host one other girl shower ever!) Pink gifts everywhere and I got to decorate with fun pink tulle and the cake was so pretty. I wanted to do a lot more decorating than I did, but I just plain didn't have time to do anything fancy. But what I did was still cute :)

Yesterday I had a meeting for Red, White & Baby Blue (you should all come out this Friday night!!) and then came home and played outside with Tim and Sam all afternoon. I didn't get any pictures because I forgot that my camera battery needed to be charged.

We have Swim Ranch this week. It's raining right now and I don't know what their policy is, but hopefully we'll get to go. Sam is so excited!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Congrats on the potty success! (even if it was just once)
Did you get any pictures at the baby shower? I'd love to see some pretty pink stuff, too! (or is that when your battery was dead?)

The Traxsons said...

I just totally forgot to take pictures at the shower - but my battery would have been dead anyway. I may be able to score some pictures from someone else though. If I do, I'll share :)

Matt and Jolee said...

Definitely need pictures of the shower and the new baby! I assume Karen doesn't have a blog, huh? She needs one!

Brandy said...

Yeah for Sam... that's big news! Davis just sits there...:)