It’s so hard to believe that our little guy is 2 today! In many ways it seems like he’s been here with us forever and in others it seems like it was just yesterday that we brought him home. He’s such a sweet little guy and we love him so much!
He is so in love with Thomas the Train – everything is about Thomas. He has Thomas toys and videos. Unfortunately, he is a bit addicted to watching TV. I really kind of wish I hadn’t let him watch it and it’s so hard to keep him from watching too much of it. Especially when it is so cold outside! But I digress…he also loves cars and trucks and other trains. He loves to play outside and especially to slide! We have a small slide in our backyard that he loves. He also loves to go out and find the moon every night.
He can recognize many of the letters from the alphabet. He doesn’t know many numbers, but we’re working on it. It has taken him a while to catch on to colors, but he’s getting there. I think he’s known them for a while, but wasn’t telling me the correct color – he still does that, but when I say “no, what color is it?” he’ll tell me the correct one. He’s just stubborn!
He is a very picky eater. I wish he’d eat more fruits and vegetables and a wider variety of proteins, but I’ve just been giving him a multi-vitamin and try not to worry about it. They sat at a table for lunch today at school instead of in a high chair so maybe we’ll start working on that at home. I haven’t done it because he can’t really reach the table very well. Maybe I should get him a booster seat. I also read that they should be able to drink out of a cup now without spilling too…I’ve never given him one! Ha! Maybe I should let him grow up a little? Nah!
I do think we’ll get him a potty seat soon and get started on that. I didn’t want to start him too early as I know many people who started the training before now, but say they would have waited. I just want him to start getting the idea.
We are having a family party on Saturday so I’ll post pictures then.
I know there is so much more that I’m leaving out! We love you so much Sam! Happy Birthday!!
4 comments:
Wow--sooo many things you said about Sam are exactly Mason!! He points out the moon, watches too much tv, and loves cars. I worry about if he's eating right (although he is a good eater--not very picky) an I would never even dream of giving him a real cup yet! (of course Mason is 6 months younger than Sam, too) And I have been thinking about the whole potty training thing as well--when he hits 2 trying to introduce it. It's crazy to think that our boys were so tiny and helpless just 2 (or less) years ago and now they are little people!
I hope his party is great! Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Sam!
Have a happy birthday little man!
Yeah, we can hypothetically drink out of a cup... for like, one sip. Then it's, "What happens if I turn this upside down?" :lol: I hope his party goes great! :-)
Post a Comment