Sunday, January 27, 2008

Birthday Party

We had a very fun birthday party yesterday for Sam. We opted for a family party since Sam doesn’t really know the difference – less stress for Mommy and Daddy! My mom, grandpa, sister, niece & nephew were there as well as Tim’s mom, dad, and brother Jason. Sam loved all of the attention, of course! He got lots of fun gifts – including a basketball goal that Mommy & Daddy seem to have more fun with than he does so far! Tim and I played several games of PIG last night…unfortunately, Tim won every game. It was fun anyway. We decided the basketball goal was staying in the living room rather than going into the playroom ;)

We had a bit of a Thomas theme going on with the party. I picked out a Thomas cake (from Shelby Lynn’s, yummy!) and he had a Thomas balloon as well as plates and napkins. I designed the invitation (yes, I sent invitations) with a train theme. Sam of course loves everything Thomas so he was happy!

Thank you to our families who made the day so fun for Sam! We missed you Daddy (my dad) and I know you were sad to have to miss the party – so here are some pictures for you :)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

What cute invitations! The cake turned out great as well. Sam is such a cutie--glad he had a great time!

Matt and Jolee said...

Ahh - so cute! I love the invitations - very impressive. Jozlyn is so grown up.