We took Sam for his first haircut on Friday afternoon. I have to say that it was not a pleasant experience for anyone involved. I'll start from the beginning...when we first started talking about having Sam's hair "trimmed" Tim said we could take him to his barber. I was very hesitant - have you seen how short Tim's hair is?! He assured me that the guy cuts babies' hair all of the time and does own a pair of scissors (I assumed all he ever uses is clippers!). So I agreed. Tim took the afteroon off and we took him up to the barber. The guy said "just a trim, right?" and we both said yes. So he grabs his clippers and starts in. He scalped my baby!!! Ok, so "scalped" is a bit of an exaggeration, but it is WAY shorter than I wanted. I literally wanted him to cut a tiny bit off of the back and around his ears and in the front...that's it! Sam hated the sound of the clippers so he was screaming, we were trying to hold him still, then he jerked into the clippers once and now has a small bald spot on one side. I was able to fight back my own tears until we got to the car...then came the flood. I cried all the way home and then some! Poor Tim felt soooo bad. It was in no way his fault...he didn't know his barber was going to cut it that short anymore than I did. I blame myself for not clarifying what I wanted in the first place and then not stopping him when I saw what he was doing...it all just happened so fast! There's even more that I could tell, but I'll stop...because really, now that I've gotten used to it, it's not THAT bad...I mean, I still wish I could have his hair back, but he still looks very cute even though his hair is all chopped up. I don't have any good "after" pictures because I swore I wasn't posting any pictures of him until his hair grows back, but I will admit that is a bit silly! So here's a picture of him in the chair with Tim before the clipping began...

The other first...a tooth!!! He finally cut a tooth. You can sort of see it in this picture. It isn't in completely, but is has broken through the gum. I'm glad he has a tooth, but I hate the torture it puts the poor little guy through!
1 comment:
I've been procrastinating cutting Thomas' hair... his curls are just too cute. I'm sure Sam is adorable as ever. And if it helps, Thomas' first tooth was awful, but the next six haven't bothered him at all-- so there's hope! :-)
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment