Monday, September 25, 2006

8 months

Busy day yesterday so I didn't get to post for Sam's 8 month birthday! Happy 8 months sweetie!!

He's really working on crawling. He's not really too close to figuring it out, but he gets closer every day! He is babbling all of the time now. I can't get him to repeat anything that I say, but he does say dadada and mamama among other things. It's so cute too! He is napping pretty well these days and he will now go to sleep on his own. We weren't even trying to make him. We've always rocked him to sleep and since we both enjoy the extra time we get to spend cuddling with him while rocking, we haven't tried to break him of it. But the past couple of weeks he just tries to wiggle his way out of our arms and wants to be put in his bed! I can't believe how much progress he's made in the sleep department!! We are so proud of him :)

I am still breastfeeding him at the moment, but am working on weaning him. I have purchased my first can of formula, but have not given any of it to Sam yet. I plan to give him some this week so he can start getting used to the taste of it. He's eating solids well! He loves sweet potatoes and fruits. He will tolerate most vegetables (doesn't really LOVE them though!) except for green beans, squash, and peas. I usually buy mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, green beans) to get him to eat gb and peas or I will mix them with cereal. He'll eat most any vegetable mixed with cereal. He likes the chicken meals that I've given him too and most of the turkey meals. He absolutely LOVES veggie puffs! He holds his hands out and starts grunting when he sees the can!

Here are a couple of pictures from last night right after his bath...

2 comments:

the boyd girls.... said...

oh my gosh! He is SOOO cute!Its been forever since we have gotton together....lets plan something.

Brandy said...

Wow his hair is getting so long! He's adorable, can't wait to see him on Thursday!