Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

We've had an eventful couple of days and have yet another party to attend tonight! Sam has had a blast. We went to Ray & Ida's on Thursday night. The storm halted our plans for fireworks, but all of the kids had fun running around and being their crazy selves! There was one point of the night when someone made the comment of what Ray's 4th of July party was like about 5 years ago. I think the only kid there at that time was Max. It was definitely more of an adult party back in the day, but it is so much fun now to watch all of the kiddos playing together!

Last night the street just south of ours had a street party. I recently met one of the ladies on that street and she invited us. We had a great time. Sam had a ton of fun playing in their little kiddie pool. They had put a slide in the pool and Sam went down the slide over and over...pretty much the whole time we were there. We left before the fireworks since Sam had been up so late the night before. I didn't want him to be as cranky today as he was yesterday. He's also battling a cold which isn't helping in the attitude department.

Unfortunately, I failed to take my camera to either party. I am so mad! I could have gotten some great pictures both nights!

Tonight we have a going away party for Tim's brother Jason. He got a job in Cincinnati. We're going to miss him! There is a 9 year age difference between Tim and Jason so it's just been in the last few years that they have really been able to hang out together. So I know Tim is really going to miss him. Sounds like a good excuse for a trip to Cincinnati!

Maybe I'll remember my camera tonight...although there won't be any other kids there so the pictures won't be nearly as fun.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I'm finally getting caught up on reading blogs! I'm glad you all had a fun weekend!

Brandy said...

Cincinnati has a lot to do! It's a great town!