Sunday, November 11, 2007

Birthday party weekend

It turned out to be a busy weekend for us! Charlie Graves turned one on Saturday. He had a very fun party! Unfortunately, due to the timing of the party and Sam's nap schedule, we missed the beginning of it - which included wagon rides for all of the kids. So cute!! I can't wait to see the pictures because I'm sure it was a lot of fun! I managed to snap one picture of Charlie eating his cake - we walked in after he had already dug in - and this is what we found...




After Charlie's party, we ran home, changed clothes, got everything ready for the babysitter, then made our way to the 40th birthday party of our friend Steve Zega. Kelly had rented out Willie D's for phase 1 of the party and it was so fun! It included a great slide show as well as some roasting/toasting from a few of Zega's good friends. And of course the piano show - hilarious! He was up there for a birthday song, then for "head & shoulders, knees & toes" (and some other body parts that I won't mention, but I will say Kelly joined him for this one), a lovey rendition of Come on Eileen, and for his speech. Here are some photos:




Phase 2 of the party - we went to Uno Uno for some really bad karaoke. I failed to get pictures of Zega singing Come on Eileen (for the 2nd time), but I'm sure you can imagine how that probably sounded! Tim and I left around 11 since we had to pay a sitter (and the party started at 5:30), and although we haven't called anyone to find out we suspect the party ended shortly thereafter - probably with the birthday boy passing out at the table!
We ended the weekend with a mostly relaxing day at home then dinner at the Traxsons'. Tim's brother Chris is home for the week so it was great to see him. He proposed to his girlfriend, Shannon, on Friday and we are very excited for them! Congrats guys!

No comments: