Saturday, January 21, 2006

Welcome!

Thank you for checking out our blog! We are excited to be able to share our journey into parenthood with our friends and family. While we aren't sure when Samuel is going to make his grand entrance (could be any day now!), we are so looking forward to meeting him!

Here is a little history...

We found out we were expecting in May 2005. We found out just before we left for vacation to Destin, FL. Luckily I was still feeling great at that point and we had a wonderful vacation. I've posted a picture from the trip :)



Not long after returning from vacation I started feeling pretty icky. I was nauseous all day long and so very tired. I rarely did anything after work other than lie on the couch, sort of eat dinner, and then go to bed. Finally, in about my 14th week, I started feeling great. What a relief! Here's a picture from 16 weeks.


Wow, I was so much smaller then!
In September we went for our 20 week ultrasound only to find out that Samuel was a little shy and didn't want us to see whether or not he was a boy or a girl. So we got to see again in October. It was then confirmed that we were in fact having a boy! Our families are full of boys so it wasn't too big of a surprise! We were very excited and quickly started trying to pick out a name. Of course it took us forever to settle on Samuel Owen Traxson. We kicked around quite a few names!

Now we are just waiting ever so patiently (or not) on Sam to arrive. I've posted a few more pictures of us and of Sam's bed. We'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

the boyd girls.... said...

This is so fun! I will put a link from our blog to yours....Start updating and putting your new precious bundle on the blog! Lets get together soon, I can even bring lunch over to your house if that is easier!
Keri
PS if you don't allow any annonymous comments your friends and family who don't have a blog, can't comment! dont know if that matters or not......

The Traxsons said...

Thanks for letting me know about the anonymous thing. I'll change it!