Sunday, January 09, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas #1 was Christmas Eve with my family. My mom, sister, nephew and niece came up and Tim's brother Jason came over. We had a nice time. I cooked lunch and we made egg nog as we do every year! It wasn't the same without Daddy - the whole day I felt something was missing. I miss him every day though, some days worse than others, but we still had a very nice time all together. It is so good to be surrounded by my family.

Of course Sam was spoiled with a ton of gifts from my mom. We had a great time watching him, Kaden & Jozlyn open their gifts. I love that they love Christmas, but I think I'd like to start a tradition of reading the Christmas story from the Bible on Christmas Eve just to remind us all of the reason we are celebrating. We've done it before, but not every year and not since Sam was born. I'm glad I'm typing this here now so hopefully I'll remember to add it to the evening next year!
As you can see, Sam was very excited about the pillow pet that he's been asking for for months now! However, by the end of the afternoon, he was in a fowl mood and did NOT want his picture made with Kaden & Jozlyn. He's quite pouty!









No comments: