Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Never gonna catch up

So I keep putting off blogging because I feel like I need to catch up all that I've failed to record. That seems so daunting. So, I think I'll just start from where we are now. Then maybe here and there I can sprinkle in some catch up posts - the whole purpose of this blog was to keep our families updated and to keep a sort of scrapbook for Sam since I'm not so great at keeping the real scrapbook updated. So I definitely want to fill in the gaps - hopefully by jumping back into posting some updates, I'll get motivated to put in some posts about Christmas, etc.

Speaking of Christmas, I discovered one day when I actually decided to sit down and post that I deleted all of our pictures from Christmas. I think I may have a few from my phone, but that's it. GRRR!!! And now my camera is also dead. So my posts are mostly going to come from my phone from now on since it's the only photo device I have at the moment!

Sam started Pre-K last week. He loves it of course. He is now going 3 days a week instead of 2. This is our first full week so I will finally get to see what having 3 days to work will feel like.

We also started soccer last Saturday. He is so cute in his jersey, even though he still isn't all that interested in the game. It's a bit frustrating to watch him stand there looking at all the other fields, watching other games/practices going on instead of paying attention to his own coach - especially when all the other kids are paying attention. I struggle with whether or not I should force him to play. I will have him finish out the season of course, but if he still isn't interested I may not make him play in the Spring. I'd like to find something he IS interested in. Maybe he'll surprise me - I'll keep you posted :)

He is just getting to be such a big boy. Of course with growing up comes a grown up attitude too. We've been struggling with discipline lately - talking back, saying "no" to everything, just general defiance. Some days I don't even know what to do! Although he is still a very sweet, loving kid.

I have work to do, so I'm signing off, but at least I posted something right?!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Yes! I almost passed out when I saw your blog was updated :). I haven't been much better. Do you use blogpress on your phone or something different?

Matt and Jolee said...

You posted! Just happened to click on yours... I'm gonna try again, although honestly, I'm not that excited about it. But, I try doing it for the same reason. It will be fun to look back at one of these days! You may have to show Sam a picture of me every once in a while so he doesn't forget me!

Lindsay said...

Glad to see your post!