Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday My Little Man!

Ok, so I'm a day late in posting about Sam's birthday, but we were busy having fun!

We started the celebration on Saturday with family. My parents, niece, nephew, Tim's parents and brothers all came to our house for some snacks and cupcakes. Sam was so happy to have everyone here. He loves his family...and of course loves being the center of attention :) He got some great new toys too.

Yesterday we had his big birthday party at Durham's Gymnastics. We had 20 kids total - whew! It was wild, but lots of fun. I think all of the kids had a great time and I know Sam did. He was so happy that all of his friends were there - from school and some of our long time friends. We didn't have time to open the presents at the party so we opened them when we got home last night. He got even more fun toys and has been playing with them nonstop. We even had to do a toy purge in his closet before we could get everything else in there!

He is so much fun these days. I can't believe some of the things he says and does. He is constantly amazing me. He is still very into Thomas and just about anything with wheels. I thought for sure he'd be over Thomas by now, but not even close! He loves it! He loves to watch movies and play games. He likes riding his big wheel around the block (still not so keen on the bicycle, but the big wheel is good) and still loves going to school. He has quite the vocabulary too! I think it's from all of the Thomas movies he watches, but I'm ok with that.

This is really for my recording purposes, but his speech is really improving a lot. There are still letters like "l" and "r" and "ch" that give him trouble, but for the most part he speaks very clearly. And he is not shy. He says hello to everyone he meets - sometimes bugs them to death with questions too!

I will post pictures soon and catch up on everything else. I still need to post about Christmas! But I have to sign off for now...

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Glad Sam had a great birthday! I can't believe our boys are getting so big! (I know I say that a lot!)

Fourgiven Momma said...

Happy late birthday Sam! I thought about emailing beforehand, but then when the day came it slipped past me. Glad he had a great birthday :-) He's such a sweet little guy!!

Anonymous said...

The birthday party was alot of fun. It was great to see his face opening the presents. He's getting big, and fast.