Monday, August 31, 2009

San Diego

We recently took a vacation to San Diego and had a great time! Sam, being the creature of habit that he is (and definitely an S on the DISC behavior assessment - sorry, too many leadership workshops...), had a tough time adjusting but we all survived and had a nice vacation.
We stayed in La Jolla, not right in San Diego. It was very pretty, but very different as well. I had never been to California. I knew there were mountains and valleys, but I just didn't really know what to expect. I was in awe of the landscape. It was not very green since it doesn't rain that often in San Diego, but the weather was fantastic. I could certainly handle upper 70's every day!
We visited the beach, but it was very overcast that morning as well as breezy and cool. The water was freezing, but I had already been warned about that. We just walked up and down the beach and played in the sand a little. We also went to the Zoo and to Sea World. Sea World was probably the best thing we did, in part because it was our last day there and Sam had finally adjusted and had no meltdowns that day :)

This was Sam's first flight that he'll remember. We flew when he was 10 months old, but of course he has no recollection of that. He enjoyed the flights and was very well behaved.
Ok, now for the pictures! I won't post all of them because I took a ton of pictures of animals at the zoo, mostly for Sam so he'd have pictures to look at later. Enjoy!

























5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Great pictures! Love the one of you & Sam at the beach especially!...and that you mentioned his DISC profile :)

I showed Mason the last picture with Sam & the star fish. I explained to him that the little boy was named Sam & that those were Real star fish. To which he replied, "do they talk?"
You can tell he watches Spongebob!

Matt and Jolee said...

Yeah... they call the overcast "June gloom" and it seems to last several months! The water is freezing year round - I never wore my swimsuit to the beach the whole time I lived out there. It's just too cold for me! The summer months aren't the prettiest, which isn't what you would imagine. I enjoyed the fall and winter the best! It was warm, sunny and crisp in the morning.

Glad you had fun! I was thinking you had visited me out there, but I guess not. It was Florida, huh?

cwlewis said...

It's like you took our pictures cropped us out and pasted your family in it! Ha! Yeah, west coast beaches are way different from east coast. So glad you went to Sea World!

the boyd girls.... said...

the pic of you and him on the beach is precious! :)

Lindsay said...

Hey girl-I tagged you/gave you an award on my blog-check it out :)